Monday, March 12, 2007

Going home again.

After spending 7 weeks or so in Mumbai, I decided to travel south to Bengalooru, my hometown in India. I haven't seen my family in almost 2 years, and was glad to get out of Mumbai for a bit to see everyone. I took the Udyan express (fitting, naa?) thursday morning, and 25 hours later I was sitting in my uncle's home in J.P Nagar drinking a chai. Its a complete change of pace compared to the lifestyle that I had grown accustomed to in Mumbai. I am now in the world of my family; I am no longer an independant 24-year old who came from the US alone to live in Mumbai, but instead the little kid who needs everything taken care of for him. I say this hoping it doesn't sound too insulting; it does have its advantages- I never have to worry about food, money, or a place to stay. I have all the little cousins in the world who adore me because of my expertise at making goofy faces, and family that is curious to know whether or not they should "start looking for some girls for me"- (for those of you not saavy, they mean an arranged marriage) Yes, yes, life is bittersweet right now...

2 comments:

Ankit said...

Great to read your blog. I'll follow up on your email this week and try to round up a few of the others for it. My parents will be in india for 4 months or so starting in April and I should join them for about 2-3 weeks in June/July. Anyways, great to hear that all is going well and hope to hear back soon!

Unknown said...

I'm hungry from reading about all the cheap yet delicious vendor food.

anyway, seems you are having a great time with the family. I hope you get some work soon and goodluck on your doc production.